Zone Mini Siam
WAT PHRA KAEO : BANGKOK
This City landmark should be the first place on any visitor’s itinarary. It is a huge compound on Na Phra Lan Road near Pramane Ground, Surrounded by high white walls and occupies an area of about a square mile. The palace, begun in 1782, consists of several building with highly decorated architectural details. The Royal chapel, Wat Phra Kaeo, which is in the same compound, houses the Emerald Buddha, the most sacred Buddha image in Thailand. Photography inside the building housing the Emerald Buddha is forbidden.
PHANOM RUNG HISTORICAL PARK : BURIRUM
The Panomrung Stone Temple in Burirum province is actually an extinct volcano and is the most valuable piece of in the north-east in the 12 TH C.B.E. It is a walled-in enclosure, with both the door frames and walls carved in beautiful design of Lopburi Period style with Khmer influence. It is thought that it was originally built as an idol temple according to Brahminic belief. Within the Prasat, or castle, is a thorne hall built in the 12 th century A.D. The beauty of the main Prang of Phanom Rung lies not only in its plan. But in the vibrant stone carvings which cover large parts of the temple. Many lintels and pediments depict episodes from Indian texts such as the Ramayana, the Mahabhasat, and the Puranas.
WAT ARUN (TEMPLE OF THE DAWN) : BANGKOK
Located on the west bank of the Chao Phraya River, Wat Arun can be reached either by Arun Amarin Road or by crossing the river by boat from Tha Tien Pier, near Wat Pho. The most attractive structure in this temple is the 79-metre-high-pagoda or “Phra Prang” . Wat Arun was restored during the brief Thonburi period to be the Royal Chapel of King Taksin. Despite its name “Temple of the Dawn” ,the most beautiful view of it is from the Bangkok side of the river at sunset.
PHRA THINANG AISAWAN THIPHY A-A R T : AYUTTHAYA
PHRA THINANG AISAWAN THIPHYA-ART is a Thai-style pavillion with four porches and a spired roof built by King Chulalongkorn in the middle of an outer pond in 1876 . It is a copy of the Phra Thinang Aphongphimok Prasat in the Grand Palace, which was built by his father, King Mongkut, as a pavillion for changing regalia before mounting a palanquin. King Chulalongkorn named this building Aisawan Thiphya-art after King Prasat Thong’s original pavillion. This pavillion now houses a bronze statue of King Chulalongkorn in the uniform of a Field Marshal which was set up by his son King Vajiravudh (Rama VI).
Anantasmakom Hall ( The Marble Throne Hall )
This official building as the foreigners known well in the name of The Marble Throne Hall, located inside Dusit Palace in Bangkok. The construction of this throne hall started in 1907 A.D. in the reign of King Rama V, and was completed in 1915 A.D. during the reign of King Rama VI.
The Marble Throne Hall is in the Italian Renaissance Style. The building is decorated with carved marble imported from carrara, Italy. The dome-shaped ceiling displays 6 large frescos murals, related to important incidents during the reigns of King Rama I until King Rama VI.
WAT MAHATHART : SUKHOTHAI
A sanctuary lies to the west behind the Royal Palace compound. It is Sukhothai’s largest Wat and a customary main Chedi in lotus-bud shape, and a ruined Vihara. At the base of the Chedi stand Buddhist disciples in adoration , and on the pedestal seated Buddha images. In front of this reliquary in large Vihara formerly containing a remarkable seated bronze buddha image of Sukhothai style, which was cast and installed by King Lithai of Sukhothai in 1362. At the end of the 18 th century, the image was removed to the Vihara Luang of Wat Suthat in Bangkok by the order of the King Rama 1 and has since been named Phra Si Sakaya Muni. In front of the southern image a piece of sculpture call “Khom Dam Din” (a Khamer who came by was of walking underground)
HISTORICAL PARK OF AYUTTHAYA : AYUTTHAYA
This was originally built by King U-Thong. During the reign of King Barom Trailokkanat and later kings,several new buildings were added, including Wat Phra Sri SunPhet . Notable buildings are Wihan Somdet Pavillion , Sunphet Prasart Pavillion, Suriyat Amarin Pavillion , Chakravat Phaichayon Pavillion , Bunyon Rattanat Pavillion , and the Tri Muk Building , a wooden structure with a brick foundation, was rebuilted in its original style at the command of King Chulalongkorn in 1907
WAT PHRA SRISUNPETCH : AYUTTHAYA
Wat Phrasrisunpetch ( AYUTTHAYA ), This temple is in similar line with Wat Phra Kaew of Bangkok City. Originally, Phra Chao U Thong built a castle before starting to erect others. In 1500 a 16 meters high standing Buddha was cast by King Ramathipodi II. The image was covered with gold weight some 170 kilogrammes . In 1767, the Burmese set fire to the image to melt off gold, completely destroying the image temple. Nearby are three ceylonese-style chedis built during the 15 th century to enshrine the ashes of three Ayutthayan Kings. These were renovated in 1956
VICTORY MONUMENT : BANGKOK
VICTORY MONUMENT, LOCATED IN THE CIRCLE CENTRE AT THE CORNER OF PAHOL YOTHIN ROAD CONNECTING PHYATHAI AND RAJVITHI ROAD, THE VICTORY MONUMENT WAS BUILT IN JANUARY 1941 DURING THE REIGN OF KING RAMA VIL AS A MEMORIAL IN HONOUR OF 49 HEROES WHO DIED DURING THE INCOCHINA WAR. THE MONUMENT WAS OPENED ON JUNE 24, 1942 BY FIELD MARSHAL P.PIBULSONGKRAM.
RAMA IX CABLE-STAYED BRIDGE : BANGKOK
Another bridge across the Chao Phraya River, is part of the express way, the Tha Rua (Port)-Dao Khanong route. It is the world’s longest single plane cable-stayed bridge. The overall length is three kilometers. The distance between its two main supports measured from Bangkok side to Thonburi side is 450 meters.
Zone Mini Europe
THE ARC DE TRIOMPHE : FRANCE
Triumphal arch at the center of the Place Charles de Gaulle, where twelve avenues converge. Completed in 1835, it has become a central landmark of Paris and one of the best-known monuments in the Western world.
The Arc de Triomphe was commissioned by French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte in 1806; it was designed by French architect Jean-Francois-Thrse Chalgrin, but was completed after his die by French architect Jean-Armand Raymond. The design of the monument was inspired by the ancient Arch of Constantine in Rome, but, at 50 m (164 ft) high and 45 m (148 ft) wide, it is twice as high and twice as wide as the original. Sculptural reliefs and panels on the Arc de Triomphe depict various Napoleonic and subsequent French military victories and treaties.
EIFEL TOWER : FRANCE
Eiffel Tower , wrought-iron tower in Paris, a landmark and an early example of wrought-iron construction on a gigantic scale. It was designed and built by the French civil engineer Alexandre Gustave Eiffel for the Paris World's Fair of 1889. The tower, without its modern broadcasting antennae, is 300 m (984 ft) high. The lower section consists of four immense arched legs set on masonry piers. The legs curve inward until they unite in a single tapered tower. Platforms, each with an observation deck, are at three levels; on the first is also a restaurant. The tower, constructed of about 6300 metric tons (about 7000 tons) of iron, has stairs and elevators. A meteorological station, a radio communications station, and a television transmission antenna, as well as a suite of rooms that were used by Eiffel, are located near the top of the tower.
CATHEDRAL GROUP OF PISA : ITALY
Pisa of course, famous for its Leaning Tower –a bell tower, or campanile, within the madieval Campo dei Miracoli (Field of Miracles) cathdral complex. The tower began leaning when only three of its eight storeys were finished. Pisa is situated at the mouth of the Arno River. It’s one of Italy’s oldest towns, with Etruscan origins going back 3,000 years. It also served as observatory for Pisa’s hometown astronomer, Galileo Galilei, who was imprisoned by the inquisition for supporting that heretical idea about the Earth revolving around the sun.
COLISEUM / COLOSSEUM : ITALY
The Coliseum was built during the reign of Emperor Vespasiano c.72 AD and dedicated in 80 AD by his son Titus. The Coliseum over 160 ft high with eighty entrances, the coliseum could hold upwards of 50,000 spectators. Public events such as gladiator fights,mock naval battles and wild animal hunts were held at the Coliseum. During the staged fights as 23,000 people were killed. Fighters were slaves, prisoners or volunteers. After 404 AD gladiatorial battles were no longer held, but animals such as lions, elephants, snakes and panthers continued to be massacred in the name of sport until the 6 th century.
ABUSIMBEL : EGYPT
Abu Simbel , site of two temples in southern Egypt, on the Nile River, south of Aswon. This temple was dedicated by Ramses II to the chief gods of Heliopolis, Memphis, and Thebes. It is oriented so that the rays of the rising sun illuminate the statues of the three gods and of Ramses II in the innermost sanctuary. The smaller temple was dedicated by Ramses II to his queen, Nefertari, and to the goddess Hathor. The facade of the larger temple has four sitting statues of Ramses II, each more than 20 m in height. Smaller statues of Ramses II, Nefertari, and their children adorn the facade of Nefertari's temple. They were unknown to the West until 1812, when they were discovered by the Swiss explorer Johann Ludwig Burckhardt.
TOWER BRIDGE : ENGLAND
Built between 1886 and 1894. bridge on the Thames River in London,, near the Tower of London. It is the most famous bridge in London. The main attraction of the Towerbridge has to be the spectacular views over London from the high level walkways.
THE OPERA HOUSE : AUSTRALIA
The Sydney Opera house situated on the harbour in Sydney and took 19 year for construction. It was designed by Jorn Utzon. It’s famous sail and shell-like roofs were inspired by palm fronds.
THE STATUE OF LIBERTY : U.S.A.
The Statue of Liberty built in 1886 stands on Bedloe's Island of New York Harbour, U.S., that commemorates the friendship of the peoples of the United States and France. Built by Frederic Auguste Bartholdi. Standing 302 Ft high, It is cladded with over 300 sheets of copper.
ANGKOR WAT : CAMBODIA
The region that served from 802 until 1295 as the capital of the Khmer Empire of Cambodia. Built for King Suryavarman II in the 12th century . The complex, built of both sandstone and laterite (a dense, porous, iron-bearing soil that can be quarried like stone) It was constructed to serve both as a sepulcher for Suriyavaraman II, whose regime had adopted some aspects of Hinduism. Taking more than 30 years to build, the layout of the complex was conceived as an architectural allegory of the Hindu cosmology . At the center of the complex stands a temple with five lotus-shaped towers, a larger central tower, and four smaller surrounding towers. These represent the five peaks of Mount Meruaccording to Hindu.
T’IEN-T’AN Altar of Heaven, Beijing, CHINA
The Altar of Heaven is part of the Temple of Heaven, or T’ien T’an, built during the Ming dynasty in Beijing, China. It is located in the outer city section of Beijing in T’ien T’an Park . Situated just south east of Tian’ anmen Square. Its main feature is Qinian Hall or Hall of Prayer for Good Harvests. To its south are the Echo wall, The imperial vault of heaven and the Circular Mound Altar.